Ophthalmic medical devices are the devices which are used in the treatment of eye related ailments through drugs or through devices. The devices used in the treatment of eye disorders are laser depended. Ophthalmic medical device is divided into 3 major segments like for diagnostic purposes, second one is cataract surgery products includes intra-ocular lenses, viscoelastics and phacoemulsification systems and third one is refractive surgery products – excimer and femtosecond lasers, microkeratomes and usage-based procedure cards. In September 2017, Akorn Inc (U.S.) received the ANDA FDA approval for the drug pilocarpine hydrochloride. In July 2017, American Academy of Ophthalmology reported that U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave approval to device used for the treatment for dry eye. The name of the device is TrueTear which offers free alternative of lubricating eye drops and topical ointments. In June 2017, Mayne Pharma Inc, received the FDA approval for doxycycline hyclate for tablet dosage form administered through oral route of administration. In August 2010, Topcon Corporation (U.S.) completed the acquisition of glaucoma- and retina-related assets of OptiMedica Corporation (U.S.).
The Global Ophthalmology Drugs & Devices Market is expected to reach USD 36.95. billion by 2025, from USD 27.52 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Download Sample PDF Report https://databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-ophthalmology-drugs-devices-market
Key Players in Ophthalmology Drugs – Devices Market
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Alcon Inc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Topcon Corporation
- Haag-Streit Group
- Ziemer Ophthalmology Systems AG
- Essilor International SA
- Bausch & Lomb Inc
- BIOTECH VISIONCARE
- Bausch Health
- Bayer AG
- Novartis AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical
- TOPCON CORPORATION
- IRIDEX Corporation
- STAAR SURGICAL and more
Key Developments in the Market:
In March 2012, Nicox (France) enters completed the acquisition of Altacor (U.K.). Through this acquisition the company has ha expanded it’s international ophthalmology business.
In May 2011, Akorn Inc (U.S.) completed the acquisition of Advanced Vision Research (U.S). Through this acquisition the Akorn Inc had expanded its business in ophthalmology market. the compmay had also planned to launch new Consumer Health Division OTC eyecare market, pending the acquisition of AVR.
In October 2011, Akorn Inc (U.S.) completed the acquisition of Kilitch Drugs (India). Through this acquisition the company had expanded its product portfolio.
Global Ophthalmology Drugs & Devices Market By Drug delivery types (Capsules & Tablets, Gels, Eye Drops Eye Ointments , Eye Solutions) (Disposable, Reusable), Disease type (Dry Eye, Glaucoma, Infection/Inflammation, Retinal Disorders), Retinal disorders (Wet Age-related Macular Degeneration, Dry Age-related Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Retinopathy), Therapeutic Class (Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Anti-infective Drugs, Anti-glaucoma Drugs, Anti-allergy Drugs, and Anti-VEGF Agents), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Get detailed free TOC https://databridgemarketresearch.com/toc/?dbmr=global-ophthalmology-drugs-devices-market
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increase in prevalence rates of eye diseases
- Increasing prevalence of diabetes increases the probability of ophthalmic disorders
- Rising geriatric population
- Increasing in technology advancement
- Increase in healthcare expenditure
- Downward pricing pressure owing to its commodity nature
- Increasing substitutes to sutures such as hemostats and surgical staplers
Market Segmentation: Global Ophthalmology Drugs & Devices Market
- The global ophthalmology drugs and devices equipment market is segmented into drug delivery types, disease type, retinal disorders, drug therapeutic class and product type.
- Based on drug delivery types the market is segmented into capsules & tablets, gels, eye drops eye ointments, eye solutions) (disposable, reusable.
- On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into dry eye, glaucoma, infection/inflammation, retinal disorders.
- On the basis of retinal disorders, the market is segmented into wet age-related macular degeneration, dry age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy and diabetic retinopathy.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory centers, clinics, community healthcare and others. On the basis of the therapeutic class, the market is segment into anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-infective drugs, anti-glaucoma drugs, anti-allergy drugs, and anti-VEGF agents.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global ophthalmology drugs and devices equipment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry. Speak to Author https://databridgemarketresearch.com/speak-to-analyst/?dbmr=global-ophthalmology-drugs-devices-market